[CentOS] CentOS 6.0 new virtualization features?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Feb 2 16:33:59 UTC 2011

On 02/02/2011 04:33 PM, Matt wrote:
>>> I am excited about CentOS 6.x though.  Aren't there supposed to be
>>> some neat new features etc for virtualization and cloud computing?

There is a distinct shift towards KVM as the virt-platform of choice,
but I still feel the management tools around it are not quite 'there' as
yet. Having said that, its also mportant to point out that Xen isnt
going away. Its just that you would need to use CentOS-5 to host the
dom0, and you can still run DomU's on CentOS-6. So atleast some part of
the Xen is going away panic is unfounded.

- KB