[CentOS] ~/.forward file?

Spiro Harvey spiro at knossos.net.nz
Thu Feb 3 01:37:56 UTC 2011

> I'm just poking thru our previous sysadmin's user adding script and
> saw reference to a ~/.forward file containing the users email
> address. Any idea what it might be for? It's a tricky one to
> Google ;-)

The ancient art of Google-fu takes many years to perfect.

But sometimes the most mundane conjurations are the most enlightening.

"what is a linux .forward file for" nets many good results, but they
are mostly discussions. For true enlightenment, however, the path is
the most difficult because it appears to be so outwardly easy:

".forward file"

;)

--
Spiro Harvey                           Knossos Networks Ltd
(04) 460-2531 : (021) 295-1923          www.knossos.net.nz