[CentOS] Significant speedup of package building with mock from EPEL for RHEL 6, should definitely go in CentOS 5

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 20:49:19 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 9:17 AM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 17:44 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>
>> I just found a nasty bug. Hold off on using that.
>
> Share it a bz #?
>

> John

EPEL has a *nasty* habit of upgrading packages and not leaving the old
one behind for reversion or regression testing. It makes for leaner
distributions, but makes rolling back the upgrades more awkward, and
tracing back where the error was introduced more awkard. It's just
failing completely in my CentOS 5.5 instance, even with the the
"epel-5-x86_64.cfg" configuration. The problem seems to have crept in
with the most recent releases in epel-testing and the EPEL packages
for RHEL 6.

I'm also laughing pretty hard that the EPEL versions of mock point to
CentOS, not to the yum-rhn-plugin based access to RHEL repositories.