[CentOS] Configuring a cluster

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Tue Feb 8 14:57:11 UTC 2011

> Dear Centos users,
> I am not sure if this the correct place to post but it seems sensible.
> I have an 8 node cluster which I want to install/configure Centos. As
> I am not a sys-admin, can anyone advise me on what I should do?

Hi !

What kind of cluster ? Is it for high-availibity ? Will there be shared
storage ?

I got with the same questions in the past monthts, and you can take a look
at the doc :

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Cluster_Suite_Overview/index.html

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Cluster_Administration/index.html

These are from the Upstream vendor's and that is what's included with CentIS
5.5 (sson to be 5.6). CentOS 6 isn't out yet, but should be in the following
months.

You can also subscribe to the linux-cluster list :