[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 Java Process Death

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Feb 10 19:37:17 UTC 2011

Hey, Martin,

Martin Hewitt wrote:

> Thanks, I didn't know about the strace command, so that's useful.
> Fortunately, this is on a dedicated server, so there's a fair amount
> of free disk.
<snip>
If you can do the code changes (and the try/catch is *supposed* to be in
there, according to java style), work your way down, y'know...

main

try {
First actual call to do the job
} catch
   writeln error;

And if it fails there, then you know; otherwise, go to the next main call,
sorry, "invocation of a method"....

Then again, this time in each of the main function calls under that, and
step down until you find the function it's dying in. That'll give you a
much better handle on what's happening.

> Thanks for the help.

Good luck.

        mark