[CentOS] Samba or NFS

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 00:58:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 6:46 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/11/2011 5:01 PM, Alfredo Perez wrote:
>> Thanks, I think I was trying to kill a fly with a Bazuca
>
> Someone already mentioned rsync for copies, but if you want to keep a
> longer history of backups online you might like backuppc.
> http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

Or "rsnapshot", which is very lightweight and works very well. If you
have security concerns, you can also use "rssh" woith it.

I find it very useful to rsnapshot to an NFS server, which my users
can then access with their normal privileges to recover files without
my having to load tapes or install backup clients for them.