[CentOS] DRBD question

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Feb 15 17:05:26 UTC 2011

On 02/15/2011 09:02 AM, ann kok wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anyone experienced in DRBD

Sort of ...

> ls it good in using mysql redundant?

I use DRBD to keep whole servers redundant ... one of the things it
keeps redundant is mysql.

If the machine was only a database server I would likely do it
differently ... but it does work with minimal downtime (the time
required to start the service on the other machine).

> What is it best to use?

Depends on your goal ... what DRBD is great at is replicating all the
services on a server to fail over to another machine if server 1 dies
for some reason.

If that is what you are looking for it will work OK.  If you would like
some load balancing and other stuff too, DRBD is not what you are
looking for.