[CentOS] install 5.5 x86-64 on DL320 G6

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Feb 15 18:02:17 UTC 2011

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Jerry Geis wrote on Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:12:07 -0500:
>
>> I tried to disable the on board smart array controller? That didnt seem
>> to make a difference.
>
> Then you use a controller on card? If not, you cannot disable this one ;-)
> Did you configure an array? If not: do!

Haven't been on a Proliant in years, but if this is a RAID hardware card,
like Dell's PERC, you *have* to hit <ctrl-whatever>, and create the RAID;
the system's access to the drives is mediated completely through the
controller, and until the controller knows what they are, it can't/won't
tell the system what's there.

         mark