[CentOS] Insert the second CD of an install

Mike VanHorn michael.vanhorn at wright.edu
Tue Feb 15 21:18:49 UTC 2011

On 2/15/11 4:09 PM, "John R Pierce" <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 02/15/11 1:03 PM, Mike VanHorn wrote:
>> Using CentOS 5.5 x86_64.
>>
>> I am trying to install software that comes on two discs. I can start the
>> install just fine, but when it comes to taking out the first disc and
>> putting in the second, the system won't let me eject it.
>
> you typically have to umount the volume before you can eject the disk.
> and of course to umount it, noone can have any open files on it.

Exactly. That's why I can't remember what it was I read about, because I've
never known anything to work any way other than the way you've described it
above.

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
michael.vanhorn at wright.edu