[CentOS] kmod-e1000e and Intel Network Card

Soporte Virtual

soportev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 23:51:45 UTC 2011

Hi list

It's my first message here, but I use CentOS from long time ago (sorry my
language, I'm spanish from Colombia)

I have a Intel board with an Integrated Network Card 82578DC. I've
sucessfully installed the driver with the RPM kmod-e1000e; I've found it in
ElRepo.org, and I've installed it via Yum.

After I've installed the package (see this:
http://lists.elrepo.org/pipermail/elrepo/2010-December/000416.html ), I do:

ifdown eth1
modprobe -r e1000e
ifup eth1

After these steps, my card works OK and get a valid IP address. However,
when I reboot my machine, I must write those commands again. I've tried to
put e1000e in /etc/modprobe.d/blachlist; however, it doesn't works.

Does anubody knows what must I do to have my network card working from
start?

Thanks!