[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

aurfalien at gmail.com aurfalien at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 03:30:27 UTC 2011

On Feb 15, 2011, at 7:18 PM, Garry Dale wrote:

> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>> Money is not the real issue. It is time, and more importantly trust.
>>
>> We can not just give out the ability to compile and sign packages
>> that
>> go into a main CentOS distribution to every Tom, Dick or Harry who
>> might
>> know a thing or two about compiling packages.
>
> Once again, Harry & Dick take a beating, not to mention poor Tom.
>
> Frustrating...

I think the attitude about this stems from a more symptomatic problem
of ppl being a lot more impatient now then before.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the ppl complaining are 30 and under.

On a more broader note, IT is almost grouped with the power switch,
were ppl completely freak when its not available.

Man, I was a hero back in the day, now, same complexity of work, same
issues, but a lot less gratitude so I pat myself on the back.

My generation (40ish) helped create this almost 24x7 infrastructure
and now look were its got us :)

- aurf