[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

David Sommerseth dazo at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 16 15:11:02 UTC 2011

On 16/02/11 15:47, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 02/16/2011 02:22 PM, Morten P.D. Stevens wrote:
>> The best example is Scientific Linux. There are schedules and an open development process.
>>
>> What is the reason for the closed development process in CentOS?
>
> Its funny you say that Morten, since you actually offered to help. Didnt
> you ? But then when I asked you to look at something specific, you
> backed off saying you had other things to do ( I remember being quite
> taken aback by your response at the time ).

If whoever wants to help out in a community project, and then see that when
a task come and then gives a response that this was the wrong timing, due
to other obligations - this is pretty fair response.

Committing to a community project does not mean you have the resources
available for your disposal whenever you need it.  People committing to a
community project just gives you an idea that people are interested in
helping out.

> Why you dont you just stick to lurking, since you clearly dont actually
> want to do anything to help - just get in the way and try to make a lot
> of noise you dont either understand or want to put any effort into
> understanding.
>
> Would you call that a fair take on the state of your envolvement Morten ?

Okay, I see that the CentOS developers are under a high pressure and stress
level.  Maybe a too high stress level.  So I'm willing to stretch myself
that far to see this incident in that light.

Even though I do not know the background for this attack,  I do dislike
this kind of personal attacks - at least in the full public.  I'm
disappointed to see such happening here by the key people in the CentOS
community.

kind regards,

David Sommerseth