[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:36:26 UTC 2011

On 2/16/2011 11:06 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Again, nothing wrong with their approach (I like Troy in any dealings we
> have had), however it is not what CentOS does or is going to do.  When
> we release, we basically loose meaningful access to our machines for a
> week as dozens of internal servers, hundreds of external mirrors, and
> millions of individual machines get updated.

I thought I saw offers of torrent seeders/bandwidth a while back - and I
suspect there would be more if you wanted to release betas.  On the
other hand, it is somewhat evil to ship something without an
infrastructure in place for updating the bugs that are almost certainly
going to be included.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com