[CentOS] apache 2 and php 5.2

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Wed Feb 16 19:00:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Paul A wrote:

> From: Paul A <razor at meganet.net>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] apache 2 and php 5.2
>
> No there is only on php.ini on there located in
> /etc/php.ini, this is so weird.

It is - very odd!

What's your file permissions for php.ini ?

Mine are:

-rw-r--r--  root  root    76376 Nov  1 11:55 php.ini

Try some of these commands to identify which php you have
installed:

[root at karsites ~]# rpm -qv php
php-5.3.3-1.el5.remi

[root at karsites ~]# rpm -qf `which php`
file /usr/local/bin/php is not owned by any package

[root at karsites ~]# ls -l /usr/local/bin/php
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Jan  1 15:25 /usr/local/bin/php -> /usr/bin/php

[root at karsites ~]# which php
/usr/local/bin/php

The symlink is my own doing for when I used to compile
upstream php from source tar.gz

I tried to generate a php error in my /etc/php.ini but
nothing happened.

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net