[CentOS] apache 2 and php 5.2

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Wed Feb 16 19:51:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> From: m.roth at 5-cent.us
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] apache 2 and php 5.2
>
> I just googled httpd php.conf linux, thinking that you might need one in
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/, and found this. You can skip the how-to-build part,
> but it mentions a number of other steps, such as:
> cp -p php.ini-recommended /usr/local/apache/php/php.ini

/usr/local/whatever is the default location for installing
apache and php if you compile it yourself from upstream
source, without specifying a --prefix="/path/to/install/to"
to the ./configure command.

Here is an example configure script for php:

#! /bin/sh
#
# Created by configure

'./configure' \
'--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache-2.2.6/bin/apxs' \
'--prefix=/usr/local/php-5.2.4' \
'--bindir=/usr/local/bin' \
'--enable-shared=all' \
'--without-pear' \
'--with-mysql=shared' \
'--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/databases/mysql/mysql.sock' \
'--with-mysqli=shared' \
'--with-pgsql=/usr/local/postgresql-8.2.5/bin' \
'--with-xsl' \
'--with-zlib-dir=/usr/include' \
'--with-readline' \
"$@"