[CentOS] foo2oak-wrapper

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Feb 16 21:31:27 UTC 2011

Jerry McAllister wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 04:03:18PM -0500, Hal Davison wrote:
>>
>> A client bought for me a HP Color LaserJet 1525nw printer.
>>
>> Installed on the local network as 192.168.1.117
<snip>
>> The CUPS installer is complaining that it cannot locate the
foo2oak-wrapper...and
>> that it should be installed before using the printer.
>
> I've not done this with a printer on CentOS, but have on
> FreeBSD.   Do you really need CUPs for a printer that is
> hung off the network?  (eg.  not plugged directly in to the PC)??

It might just not be in the std. distro. A couple-three years ago, I
bought a 1020 for myself, and had to find the driver and build it. Since
then, I've found them. You might either ask HP what driver to use, or see
if CUPS recommends anything.

Hmmm, I just brought up CUPS, and started walking through installing such
a printer. I see there's a 1500 driver. Should I assume you did all this,
and it can't find the .ppd? If that's the case, I'd question whether CUPS
was properly installed.

          mark