[CentOS] nss_ldap: reconnected to LDAP server ldap://127.0.0.1

Tim Alberts talberts at msiscales.com
Fri Feb 18 18:11:04 UTC 2011

On 2/18/2011 9:13 AM, Tim Alberts wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem that I'm really having trouble figuring out.  I
> run CentOS Linux 5.5.  I have three servers.  All have been setup and
> running wi..

Update, using Webmin to restart the server, I see the following:
Stopping slapd: [  OK  ]
Stopping slurpd: [  OK  ]
Checking configuration files for slapd:  bdb_db_open: unclean shutdown
detected; attempting recovery.
bdb_db_open: Recovery skipped in read-only mode. Run manual recovery if
errors are encountered.
config file testing succeeded
[  OK  ]
Starting slapd: [  OK  ]
Starting slurpd: [  OK  ]

I've been reading that the recovery is supposed to be automatic.
Unfortunately it seems to be a read-only mode.

Anyone know why it is read-only mode?

Anyone have a simple tutorial on running 'db_recover' command?