[CentOS] security cameras

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Feb 23 02:04:36 UTC 2011

On 02/22/11 5:27 PM, ken wrote:
> I heard about some inexpensive security cameras which get their power
> through the same cat5 cable which delivers the data/pictures (which
> would simplify wiring tremendously).  Does anyone know about these?  Do
> they work with Linux, particularly CentOS?

TCP/IP cameras would work with any OS, most just FTP or whatever the
pictures to a webserver you provide, or they run their own server and
you can wget the pics off them.   but I've never seen any IP cameras I'd
call really cheap.   Panasonic makes a nice line of them, some even have
remote pan/zoom via a http interface.