[CentOS] asd

Jobst Schmalenbach

jobst at barrett.com.au
Wed Feb 23 07:01:42 UTC 2011

Hi.

I am trying to configure sendmail that is looks up the users
credentials to allow them to send email via that server
via an imap server on the same machine when sending email
while on the road.

I can send email when specifying a user that is stored
in the servers /etc/shadow ... no problem but I cannot
get my head around it how to do make saslauth OR sendmail
lookup the user creds via the imap daemon.

This is the working config (mc) for the sendmail daemon
when using a locally created user (I knock the PLAIN off
once I got it to work):

  define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')dnl
  TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')dnl
  DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Family=inet, Port=465, Name=MTA-SSL, M=s')dnl
  etc.

How can I make sendmail (or saslauth) to get the user
credentials via an imap server running on the same machine
(the credentials are from an internal samba server) so I
do not need to enter users details twice?

Jobst

--
Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on your monitor, or under your keyboard, you don't email them, or put them on a web site, and you must change them very often.