[CentOS] PCI ethernet card for CentOS

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Feb 26 15:47:29 UTC 2011

David Sommerseth wrote:

> You can probably find pretty decent Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 cards,
> which
> really has an incomparable quality.  As you're talking about the WRT54GL,
> you
> don't need to think about 1Gbit cards.  Which makes the PRO/100 cards
> optimal.

Thanks very much.
I wasn't sure if there was any point in going for a gigabit card.

I've been very impressed with the Intel ethernet adaptors in my laptops,
though I was a bit surprised I had to hunt around
for both Windows and Fedora drivers for my current Thinkpad T60,
with an Intel 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller,
although once I found them it has worked perfectly.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net