[CentOS] Centos 6

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Feb 28 04:29:22 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 07:51:49PM -0800, JD wrote:
> On 02/27/2011 07:29 PM, aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:
> > On Feb 27, 2011, at 7:13 PM, JD wrote:
> >
> >> Any word on approximate release date of Centos 6?
> > Nothing wrong with asking.
> >
> > Its been discussed "several" time to an order of magnitude.
> >

> OK, as a measuring yardstick: approximately how many
> months after RHEL5's release date was Centos 5 released?
> That might give people an approximate idea.
> Currently, I have no RHEL installed. I just joined this list to
> enquire about RHEL 6.

This is understandable, and a better answer would have been, take a look
at the list archives--the somewhat harsh reaction is because there have
been several acrimonious discussions about it.  We do tend to forget
that not everyone has been on the list through that discussion--that is
why, however, part of the reaction was, Is this a joke?  (When I saw the
thread title, I thought it was a joke.)

The RHEL5 and CentOS 5 isn't all that good a yardstick, because, in this
case, RH also made some point releases, 5.6 and 4 something--errm, 9?
(sorry, not using it so haven't paid much attention.)

Seriously, you should take a look at the list archives for this month
(it'll be easy to tell by title what threads are relevant), and that
will, hopefully, allow you to understand why you've gotten the sorts of
answers that you have received.

I honestly don't think that it's a good thing to join a list and start
criticizing the answers you receive before looking at archives and
getting a feeling for the particular list.

Anyway, there really isn't a short answer to the question, as you'll see
if you view said archives.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

 Giles: This one?
 Buffy: Amethyst.
 Giles: Used for?
 Buffy: Breath mints?
 Giles: Charm bags, money spells and for cleansing one's aura.
 Buffy: Okay, so how do you know if one's aura's dirty? Somebody
comes by with a finger and writes 'wash me' on it?