[CentOS] CentOS 5 on a Thinkpad T60 laptop

Wed Feb 16 14:52:33 UTC 2011
Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org>

Hello,

I'm considering buying a second-hand Thinkpad T60 (with 2 GB RAM), as
a secondary laptop in order to run CentOS 5 on the field.

My main focus is therefore to have something robust, reliable and
above all well compatible with CentOS.
Hibernate / suspend feature are important to me, because that's the
main issue I have with CentOS on other laptops.

I have found the following information so far:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installation_CentOS_5_on_a_Thinkpad_T60

The processor is a T2300 (so 32 bits apparently):
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27233

I would be grateful if people having used CentOS on this model could
share their experience (good or bad).

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu