[CentOS] Recommendation for a Good Vulnerability Scanning Service?

Fri Feb 18 19:20:09 UTC 2011
Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com>

Hi,

Can someone recommend a good vulnerability scanning service? I just
need the minimum for PCI compliance (it's a sort of credit card
processing certification).

I got a free scan from https://www.hackerguardian.com/ and their scan
reported a number of "Fail" results. I haven't checked them all yet
but most seem to be things for which fixes were backported looong ago
by The Upstream Vendor.

I haven't spoken with the hackerguardian people yet but it would be
nice if I could just say "I'm using CentOS 5.5" and have them factor
that into their report so that I can focus on any real issues. Are
there vulnerability scanning services that are more or less
sophisticated about this?

Thanks,
Mike