[CentOS] LSI MegaRAID 320-2E PCIe RAID Controller

Fri Feb 4 00:40:45 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 02/03/11 3:32 PM, Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:
> From: compdoc Sent: February 3, 2011 15:23
>> I have an Altos G510 server, (two xeon sockets) and it has a Megaraid
>> scsi 320-0X PCI-X controller that 5.5 recognizes.
>>
>> Maybe there's a chance it will do so for yours...
> I am currently using 320-2X units in our Acer G700 and G701 servers
> with CentOS 4.8 and 5.5 without problems. My concern was with using
> the 320-2E units in an HP DL380G5 box with CentOS 5. This is something
> that I have no experience with and I was asking if anyone had had it
> working in the HP box.

does that box have PCI-X slots rather than PCI-Express ?   if it does,
and the controller is supported by the OS, there's really no reason for
it not to work.

if you want to use it in conjunction with built in drive bays, internal
cabling may be an issue.   if its for use with external arrays, that
should be fine.