[CentOS] Configuring a cluster

Tue Feb 8 14:54:44 UTC 2011
Digimer <linux at alteeve.com>

On 02/08/2011 09:49 AM, Johnny H wrote:
> Dear Centos users,
> I am not sure if this the correct place to post but it seems sensible.
> I have an 8 node cluster which I want to install/configure Centos. As
> I am not a sys-admin, can anyone advise me on what I should do?
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

First;

  What kind of cluster? There are as many clusters as there are problems.

Second;

  Be prepared to spend a lot of time learning. Clusters are generally
not simple things and require a fair bit of understanding to maintain
properly. It is not inherently difficult, but it is quite involved. If
you are not in a position to learn this yourself, find and retain a
cluster admin.

Third;

  Assuming you want a high-availability cluster, start be reading up on
Corosync and Pacemaker. The former provides cluster communication, the
latter provides resource management.

Finally;

  There is a good clustering mailing list at

Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com
Node Assassin:  http://nodeassassin.org