[CentOS] how will CentOS handle the perftools 1.7 vs. 1.6 issue?

Thu Feb 10 14:59:53 UTC 2011
Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org>

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:42:48PM +0100, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Larry, could you please stop spamming this list with problems you see on
> the SL list? Thanks. This package isn't even part of CentOS.

Personally, I have no problem with it.  Cross-community communication
over potentially shared problems should be welcomed.

Larry was probably unaware the package wasn't in CentOS, and even so
our two communities have a lot in common.

Larry -- sounded like that package was in EPEL.  You should still file
an issue in bugzilla.redhat.com.  The patch to fix the issue appeared
to be small, so I would expect that the maintainer would be completely
willing to backport the fix.

Ray