[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 Java Process Death

Fri Feb 11 01:42:14 UTC 2011
Martin Hewitt <martin.hewitt at gmail.com>

Hi Mark,

I've exhausted the Java avenues for debugging this issue, but, since
my last email, the process I pointed strace at has been killed, but
I'm afraid the rather raw format of the strace file is lost on me.
The last six lines of the ouput file are:

clone(child_stack=0x4202a250,
flags=CLONE_VM|CLONE_FS|CLONE_FILES|CLONE_SIGHAND|CLONE_THREAD|CLONE_SYSVSEM|CLONE_SETTLS|CLONE_PARENT_SETTID|CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID,
parent_tidptr=0x4202a9d0, tls=0x4202a940, child_tidptr=0x4202a9d0) =
23241
futex(0x4202a9d0, FUTEX_WAIT, 23241, NULL) = -1 EINTR (Interrupted system call)
--- SIGHUP (Hangup) @ 0 (0) ---
futex(0x2ab0b620a000, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 1) = 1
rt_sigreturn(0x2ab0b620a000)            = -1 EINTR (Interrupted system call)
futex(0x4202a9d0, FUTEX_WAIT, 23241, NULL <unfinished ... exit status 129>

The SIGHUP is new information, and appears to be what's causing the
java app to exit. Surely Java should be aware of the Interrupted
system call?

There are no other signals in the output file, and the only EINTRs are
in the passage above.

Looks like I need to delve back into Java...

Martin