[CentOS] Strange Kernel for Centos 5.5

Fri Feb 11 15:22:33 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at g7.u22.net>

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 16:03 +0100, David Sommerseth wrote:

> On 11/02/11 03:05, Always Learning wrote:
> [...snip...]
> >
> > Sometimes I just wonder about the luckiness of us non-Windoze people. We
> > have a really marvellous choice of operating systems (BSDs, Solaris,
> > Linux et al) and its all free and outstandingly good and reliable.
> >
> > I feel sorry for the Windoze victims. Its a really horrible experience
> > using a bug-laden and Micro$oft knows best machine where it is awkward
> > trying to make changes and avoid the ghastly mess of M$ Internet
> > Security - ugh!  Centos is so relaxing and enjoyable  :-)
>
> Be careful with saying such things.  A lot can be said about Windows as an
> operating system and Microsoft as a company.  But be very careful about
> talking about its users, you do not know the reason why they run another OS
> than those which you love.

They probably run Windoze because:-

(1) they are unaware of other operating systems;

(2) their application only runs on Windoze;

(3) their employer is a Windoze-only user;

(4) when they purchased their new computer it was pre-installed with
Windoze, for which they had to pay the Micro$oft premium (something
which needs challenging in the EU), and XP on netbook refuses to work if
the the hard disk is partitioned to create space for Linux whilst
Windows 7 deliberately occupies all 4 primary sectors and the entire
hard disk space just to obstruct users from installing another operating
system;

(4) they work for Micro$oft;

(5) they mistakenly believe Windoze is the best operating system in the
world;

> Those who uses *nix oriented/based OSes aren't better people or superior to
> those not doing so.  They are just different, with a different different
> needs.  It doesn't necessarily make them victims or unlucky.

I think *nix users are more enlightened people and more aware of
computers, in the widest sense, generally. They are individuals who
enjoy things like 'Windows for Adults' (i.e. Gnome etc.) rather than
'Windoze for Young Impressionable Children'. They are much luckier to
enjoy a better, less stressful and more reliable operating system.

With best regards,

Paul.

Programmer et al 1967-2011.
Windows user 1992-2010.
Joyful Linux user and programmer et al 2010-