[CentOS] Journal Aborts in VMware ESX (Filesystem Corruption)

Sun Feb 13 14:40:18 UTC 2011
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> I have several CentOS5 hosts in a VMware ESX 3.5.0 226117 environment
> using iSCSI storage.  Recently we've begun to experience journal aborts
> resulting in remounted-read-only filesystems as well as other filesystem
> issues - I can unmount a filesystem and force a check with "fsck -f" and
> occasionally find errors.

http://communities.vmware.com/message/245983

The setting we used to resolve was vm.min_free_kbytes = 8192

Previous to this we were seeing the error pop up every week or so.