[CentOS] server specifications

Mon Feb 14 00:01:20 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 02/13/11 2:42 PM, Michel Donais wrote:
> I checked recently for  an ASUS S775 P5Q-VM G45 PCIE MOTHERBOARD with an
> INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q9550 2.83G/1333/12M/S775 with SATA hard disc no Raid
> I doesn't seem to be a server board and I'm not shure of that choice.

thats desktop hardware.  no ECC support.   anything running a business
application for 50 users is probably mission important or mission
critical, and undetected creeping bit errors due to lack of ECC would
be, in my book, unacceptable.

I'd probably use a HP or Dell 1U or 2U server, with redundant power, ECC
memory, and at least mirrored system drives.