[CentOS] Are some CentOS package out of date compared to RH?

Mon Feb 14 16:28:04 UTC 2011
James Chase <james at wintercastle.net>

According to the RH5 Errata, the most recent package for
scsi-target-utils is scsi-target-utils-1.0.8-0.el5.x86_64.rpm

However the latest update via yum on CentOS is labeled
scsi-target-utils-0.0-6.20091205snap.el5_5.3

Additionally, the package info says it is not compatible with iSCSI yet,
which is false! There were some critical updates for this package
according to RedHat, so how can I be sure that I am at the correct
version? In looking at some other packages on my CentOS system, like
httpd, I am noticing they are also out of date in regards to Red Hat
updates. Is this common?

Name       : scsi-target-utils
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 0.0
Release    : 6.20091205snap.el5_5.3
Size       : 143 k
Repo       : updates
Summary    : The SCSI target daemon and utility programs
URL        : http://stgt.berlios.de
License    : GPLv2
setup a
            : SCSI targets. Currently, software iSCSI targets are supported.