[CentOS] apache 2 and php 5.2

Tue Feb 15 20:19:50 UTC 2011
Paul A <razor at meganet.net>

Hi originally I installed php 4 on centos 5.5 and then a few repos including
the remi repo to upgrade to php5, which seems to upgrade/work without any
issues.

However when I make a change to the /etc/php.ini file it doesn't look like
apache is seeing it, for example if I change the post_max_size and
upload_max_file to 25M each apache still sees the default 2M. I also removed
the /etc/php.ini file and apache is able to start with no problems and it
will still see the default 2M.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me why apache is not taking the settings
from the /etc/php.ini file and it works without that file.

Thanks, Paul

rpm -qa php

php-5.2.17-1.el5.art

rpm -qa httpd*

httpd-2.2.3-43.el5.centos.3

[root at testip5 html]# httpd -v

Server version: Apache/2.2.3

Server built:   Aug 30 2010 12:32:08

Httpd -M

php5_module (shared)

php --ini

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_odbc.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_odbc.so:
undefined symbol: php_pdo_get_dbh_ce in Unknown on line 0

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /etc

Loaded Configuration File:         (none)

Scan for additional .ini files in: /etc/php.d

Additional .ini files parsed:      /etc/php.d/Fileinfo.ini,

/etc/php.d/curl.ini,

/etc/php.d/dba.ini,

/etc/php.d/dbase.ini,

/etc/php.d/dom.ini,