[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Wed Feb 16 15:26:36 UTC 2011

On 02/16/2011 03:20 PM, Morten P.D. Stevens wrote:
> Karanbir, this is not quite right. And you know it.
> I offered my help for testing. (qa process)

A very large part - if not all - of the qa effort is branding and role
specific within centos. Most of the other things only contribute towards
documentation - not the release process itself. Of course there are
exceptions ( like the installer... ) but not many

> You have offered me to help with packages that need upstream branding removed. This is very difficult to realize when the primary mailing list (centos-qa) is completely closed to outsiders.

This is a bit of a confused state of things - and I am not sure what can
we done about clearing out the situation that the -qa list does not have
any C6 specific / testing / branding anything content on there.

One idea is to rename the QA team into what it really is - the Release
team, and have a whitelist based package tree available to a larger
number of people ( but still not public - we cant do public builds, and
thats already been covered extensively )

> Many people (including me) would like to CentOS help if the development process would be more open.

You will need to speak to Red Hat about that; Because the centos
development community all have @redhat.com email address :) So the
question here really is : how best can we communicate that to a wider
audience and have that idea persist ?

- KB