[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Wed Feb 16 17:09:15 UTC 2011
Larry Vaden <vaden at texoma.net>

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> I just finished pushing through the 5.6 distro tree's into the distro
> builders ( so isos get built etc and moved to qa ). Was hoping to have
> this done by the weekend but a series of unfortunate incidents ( like
> large scale hdd failures ) meant that things at the $dayjob got a bit
> hectic and this slipped a few days.

There's proof from the horse's mouth that the CentOS team should
follow Browning's advice, namely:

“Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?”

In the old days of direct mail, a good response was 3%.  On a
particularly important project in the early 80s, we achieved 36%
inviting folks to travel internationally to the Paris Air Show with
regard to ruggedized computers.

Given the size of the installed base of CentOS, it should be "kleine
kartoffels" to prevent future delays based on hardware failures, but
let us not get pedantic.

kind regards/ldv