[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Wed Feb 16 22:24:05 UTC 2011
Larry Vaden <vaden at texoma.net>

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de> wrote:

> Am 16.02.2011 um 22:29 schrieb Larry Vaden:
>
>> Even further, the resistance to properly funding this project is
>> truly amazing.
>
> Well, with money come a lot of strings attached.

Ja und nein.

> Most likely, one would either have to incorporate a business or found
> some not-for-profit entity if large amounts of money flowed in.

Gifts from major corps like HP, IBM, Sun/Oracle, yada 1, yada 2 don't
require said.

> So, I think it's a bit naive to believe that more money would make the
> project "better" or make releases appear faster on the mirrors.

I think it a trit (0, 1, "I don't know) naive to think that
money/donations wouldn't help.  These guys said they loose access to
their servers when the rollout starts.

> Hopefully, the people actually involved in the release-effort don't
> get too distracted by this "noise".

There's no truth to the rumor that K & J are the ghost writers behind
"Kill Files For Dummies" but you can Google it.