[CentOS] ACHTUNG: wrt CentALT repo

Thu Feb 17 03:20:56 UTC 2011
Larry Vaden <vaden at texoma.net>

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:41 PM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:

>        However...
>
>        77 lines of unnecessary untrimmed text removed.  Is it too much
>        to ask you to be considerate to others and trim non-essential
>        text?  I direct you to the mailing list guidelines for these
>        lists:
>
>        http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16
>
>        Thank you for your future thoughtfulness.
>

>                                                        John
> --
> The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of
> those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have too
> little.
>
> -- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882-1945), 32nd President of the United States,
>   second inaugural address, 20 January 1937

It would seem you have posted about 90 times, and the very first and
the very last (and presumably the ones in between) all contain a sig
longer than the guidelines, so, as a wanna be List Mom, you don't hold
much sway with me (read: there is already enough hypocrisy in the
world).

12 * ~ 90 > 77 by more than an order of magnitude.

The 77 serve to indicate how many packages one might search for and
_possibly_ wind up in an unsafe place.  I hope that is not the case
and will continue my efforts (along with one of my Internet2 friends)
to vet the repo.

kind regards/ldv/vaden at texoma.net