[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Fri Feb 18 17:16:08 UTC 2011
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> On 02/18/2011 11:03 AM, John R. Dennison wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 09:50:23AM -0600, Larry Vaden wrote:
> >
> >> I personally don't see how the RH team could have screwed up and
> >> omitted SRPMs from the manifest, but I certainly believe they did
> >> according to reports.
> >>
> > 	At some point do you think perhaps you can learn how to trim
> > 	replies to only that which is germane to the reply and not
> > 	include all the cascade text and attributions which proceeded it
> > 	as a courtesy to others on this list?
> >
> > 	It seems that nearly every release there are SRPMs that fail to
> > 	make it to Redhat's public ftp server.  It happens during
> > 	releases and it happens for normal updates and is nothing new.
> > 	It's simple human error, not a conspiracy to harm CentOS or any
> > 	other rebuilding effort.  Can you please keep the conspiracy
> > 	nonsense to yourself?
> >

> > 							John
> I thought the big thing made about bottom posting is so you can see the
> a bunch then you might as well top post.

When you bottom post (really interleaved posting) you only include the
relevant parts to what you are replying to.  This is doable, since it
thoes bits are *right there*.  With top posting, you don't even see the
rest of the thread -- it is all 'below the fold' (unless you have a very
tall display screen or something).

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com