[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Mon Feb 21 17:08:03 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 2/21/11 10:35 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>> So you are now saying that you cannot scale out this work to more people
>> to release faster ? This is something that has to be done by Karanbir only ?
>>
> Dag,
>
> The packages have to be built in a specific order, preferably the order
> that they are originally produced in, so that they can be linked
> properly.  Package A builds, then Package B, then Package C.  If package
> B is broken, it needs to be fixed, then Package C needs to be built, etc.
>
> This is not something that can be done by several people at the same
> time in parallel, no.  Not and be done correctly.

Couldn't the process be wrapped into a matrix build in Hudson (or now Jenkins)
across a large farm of build slaves with a list of successful builds falling out
at the end?  For at least the set of things that succeed in one of the common
environments...

> Seeing as how we are currently dealing with 2 trees in the QA directory
> for testing right now (4.9 and 5.6) ... 6.0 will be waiting until we get
> those out of QA.

So you are constrained by workspace?  Or number of people involved?  And you
don't see that as a problem that could be corrected?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com