[CentOS] Air Conditioning - ON!

Tue Feb 22 00:33:39 UTC 2011
Ian Murray <murrayie at yahoo.co.uk>

----- Original Message ----

Because right now, if you are running 5.5 then you have no clue when any
security updates are going to start coming your way again.... because RedHat
security updates are against 5.6, which you don't have yet. It has already been
said before that backporting the security updates to current CentOS release
(5.5) is not a trivial task and yet more work for the devs (and breaks the
binary compatibility rule.)

You get me wrong here. I am not having a go about how long the updates are
taking...(if you think I am, you are not reading my comments properly)... take
as long as you want... just please don't dress the distribution as enterprise
ready as the build infrastructure is quite heavily dependent on one or two
people by the looks of it. Illness or some other personal circumstance chance
could easily de-rail the process altogether.  Rename it is JKos or something.