[CentOS] sendmail, port 465/587, auth and imap

Wed Feb 23 08:03:16 UTC 2011
Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst at barrett.com.au>

Hi

replying to myself as I figured it (ouch!)

I had the correct stuff in the saslauth file:

  # this is VIA IMAP
  MECH=rimap
  FLAGS="-O localhost -r"

but I forgot to exclude the FLAGS line which was at the end of that file:

  # Additional flags to pass to saslauthd on the command line.  See saslauthd(8)
  # for the list of accepted flags.
  # make sure you dont have double flags in here.
  FLAGS=

wiping FLAGS to null and sasl is complaining with

  Starting saslauthd: saslauthd[20677] :set_auth_mech   : failed to initialize mechanism rimap

Bugger.
Jobst