[CentOS] ls returns file doesn't exist, find finds it??

Thu Feb 24 13:59:11 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 2/23/11 10:54 PM, neubyr wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I am getting some errors with find and ls command - such that find is
> able to see a file whereas ls says the file doesn't exist. Initially I
> was trying find and ls together as:
> # find ./ -type f -mtime +15 | xargs ls
>
> Similar behavior is seen even when I execute both commands separately.
> Any thoughts on what might be wrong here?

Can you give an example of a path that find returns and the output of
ls -l 'that_path_in_quotes'
My first guess is that you have shell metacharacters (like spaces) in the file
or directory names that the shell parses/expands if you don't quote them.  Using
the GNU --print0 extension to find and the matching -0 option to xargs might fix it.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com