[CentOS] CentOS 5 Security Updates

Thu Feb 24 19:30:38 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at g7.u22.net>

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 14:10 -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Um, don't use kerberos? Or postgresql? Or Sun's, er, Oracle's java? I
> can't see that going over well.

Sorry to let everyone down. I can't get too excited about these
outstanding security patches. After 5 hours of trying, I can still can't
panic, moan or even begin to criticise anyone about anything.  Guess I
am no good as a Centos critic. I'm just t-o-o biased towards good 'old
Centos.

All my Centos stuff is boring: web with Apache, MySQL, PHP, CSS, HTML
and the inevitable PHPmyAdmin, plus mail with Exim. Rsync, SSH, Vbox and
other 'boring' bits too.

Would like to add Asterisk but lack the time at present because of
experimenting with something called Arduino, too small to run Centos but
able to control CCTV and send data over the wider Ethernet. A lot more
development work is needed.

Never liked running Java and don't. Occasionally run OO's text
processing. Still run the 1993 version of Ami Pro 3.1 but that hasn't
had a security patch ever!

--

With best regards,

Paul.