[CentOS] Centos 6

Mon Feb 28 12:37:04 UTC 2011
Digimer <linux at alteeve.com>

On 02/28/2011 03:33 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 02/27/2011 09:13 PM, JD wrote:
>> Any word on approximate release date of Centos 6?
>

> The real answer is that 4.9 is ready for release (Already tested by QA).
>
> We are testing 5.6 right now in QA.
>
> There was a particularly nasty bug in anaconda for 5.6 that we were
> working on for almost a week with new distro/iso spins at least once a
> day during this period.  We seem to have finally fixed this problem and
> we are getting good tests with the i386 now.
>
> We expect both of these distros to be released in the upcoming week
> (barring any unforeseen issues).
>
> That would then make 6.0 the focus of the team.

Cheers!

When you guys get some down time (lol, I know), I hope you get a chance
to look at an official structure that would facilitate contributions
from companies. I know that I would like to contribute.

Someone floated the idea of a "hardware wish list", iirc. Perhaps have a
funky little webpage where all the hardware, down to cables, up to
servers and all the bits in between could be clicked on. Then let people
say "I'll buy that for the CentOS folks", click on it, pay for it and
have it shipped directly to you.

Anyway, the hard work of you guys it much appreciated. The antryness of
many is a sign of just how much your work is needed. Please do keep up
the good work and don't mind the rumblings from the crowd. :)

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com