[CentOS] How and when are the sound modules loaded at system boot time on CentOS 5?

Mon Feb 7 17:52:39 UTC 2011
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> James Pearson wrote:
>
>>I've been trying to work out how the various sound modules get loaded at
>>boot time on CentOS 5 - but I can't find anything obvious under /etc/rc.d/
>>
>>CentOS 4 did this in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit - but there is nothing
>>equivalent in CentOS 5
>>
>>Does anyone know how these modules get loaded?
>

> Have you tried system-config-soundcard?

I have, but that wasn't the question :-)

Something has to load the sound kernel modules at system start up - and
I would like to find out what does this and at what stage of the system
start up process this happens.

James Pearson