[CentOS] server specifications

Sun Feb 13 16:17:12 UTC 2011
Benjamin Franz <jfranz at freerun.com>

On 02/13/2011 07:26 AM, Michel Donais wrote:
> Did somebody can give me some advises on hardware for building a
> Centos linux server?

Depends on what you intend to to with it.

If you are going to just run a firewall - the cheapest, slowest,
smallest server you can buy will do fine. If you are going to support
the newest 'Hot Thing(tm)' on the net and handle 500,000,000 web page
views a day you are going to need heftier hardware.

You did the equivalent of asking 'can someone give me some advice on
buying a truck?'

Before any possible answer can be given, the first question must be:
What do you plan to do with it?

--
Benjamin Franz