[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 Java Process Death

Mon Feb 14 11:56:48 UTC 2011
Martin Hewitt <martin.hewitt at gmail.com>

Hi Mathieu,

> Can you please give more details about this "additional" code? How did
> you find out?

When I package a "Runnable JAR" using the Eclipse Export wizard, in
the manifest file, the main-class is given as
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader, which I presume
is a little bit of code to redirect the main method to the main method
of my actual application. This is the "extra layer" I was referring
to.

> Do you mean that the application is running in an OSGi runtime?
> Can you please give a bit more details about the architecture and
> deployment of your application?

The architecture is quite simple - the primary test case I'm using is
a http request forwarder but I'm keeping it idle to monitor its state.
It sets up an HTTP server on port 8080 and listens for requests that
match a certain domain, and forwards them on. As I said - no requests
are being passed through it while it's in this sandboxed environment.

It is a headless application, executed as follows:

> java -jar /path/to/my/application.jar > out.log 2&>1

or, in the strace environment:

> strace -o strace.out.log java -jar /path/to/my/application.jar > out.log 2&>1

This app is running on a server, but it's just plain Java code, using
Jetty as the HTTP server, and no frameworks.

Martin