[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Tue Feb 15 01:48:17 UTC 2011
Brian Mathis <brian.mathis at gmail.com>

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 05:00:43PM -0400, robert mena wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Despite the mailing list and twitter I did not find any updated info on
>> either versions regarding the current status.
>>
>> So, what is the current status of both versions? (like 60%)
>
>        Your request just moved it back by 15% and 2 weeks, not to
>        mention all the innocent kittens that were killed.
>
>                                                        John

I wish people would take these requests as:

    "Hey guys, I really love this project and I know there's a new
version on the way.  I've been following all the right places for
news, but I just can't contain my excitement.  Does anyone know when
the next release is?  I'm more excited about it than most people are
about Apple's new iThing"

...and react accordingly.  Instead, we get:
    Don't bother people.  Get off my lawn.  Go pay for it if you want it so bad.

To be fair this thread hasn't been as bad as most, but reflecting some
excitement is free.  Anyway, here's my response:

Hey man, I'm just as excited as you.  I really want to see what C6
looks like and to start playing with it.  I'm so happy there's a
modern kernel and recent packages so I don't have to hunt them down.
I think C6 is going to be really cool.  I know the CentOS guys put in
a lot of work and I have a lot of respect for them, but they're busy
with real life too.  KB posted something on his Twitter, but you know
how deadlines can be.  Stuff comes up.  All we can really do is wait
until it comes out.  If you wanted to help out, here's a link for info
on how to do that... [someone please fill in link here].