[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Wed Feb 16 00:22:36 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at g7.u22.net>

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 09:37 -0500, John Hinton wrote:

> However, if somebody thinks that a project like this should be a paid
> project, the source is available for anyone to introduce a new flavor.
> And, alternatively there are the RH subscriptions to answer immediate
> needs... where you can sit around asking "When is RHEL (insert next
> number here) going to be released?"

Why can't some of the wealthy organisations who run successful,
financially rewarding, businesses that profit from wonderful Centos
employ ONE extra member of staff who is then seconded, remotely of
course, to the Centos project ???

Alternatively those organisations could dedicate 30% or 40% or 50% etc.
of a competent computer person's working time to the Centos project.

Its simple. Why isn't someone doing it ???

If I won the Lottery it is one of the many things I would do - second 5
full-timers to Centos plus lots of server power.

The dedication of many including KB - I don't know the names of others
in Centos - and those running repositories like Dag etc. are excellent
examples of what People Power can achieve.

It is time businesses contributed a little of the amounts they save
using Centos.

--

With best regards,

Paul.