[CentOS] CentOS 5 on a Thinkpad T60 laptop

Wed Feb 16 19:32:30 UTC 2011
compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com>

>>On 2/16/2011 12:41 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
>
> >The wireless on the X31 is an Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless LAN 2100
> >3B Mini PCI Adapter (rev 04).  Intel wireless chips are *very well*
> >supported *out of the box* under CentOS.  You do need to download
> > and install the proper firmware.

>Isn't being supported "out of the box" and having to download
> something  else a contradiction in terms?
>   Les Mikesell

I don't think so. I take it "out of the box" means the drivers are in the
OS, but the card/hardware needs some updating.

>Not to mention a catch-22 when your
>usual connection to download is over wireless...

This is certainly true, but that's why ppl pay guys like us to do this for
them. Praise Jebus.