[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Wed Feb 16 20:39:39 UTC 2011
Larry Vaden <vaden at texoma.net>

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Gerhard Schneider
<gs at ilsb.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> Perhaps I'm a little bit pragmatic, but..
>
> I will upgrade to 5.6 when it's out - BUT I'm not really angry when
> CentOS 6 would be CentOS 6.1 - if you want to be beta tester for a large
> distibution you still can shift to Ubuntu..

There's not much wrong with the stoutest of horseradishes, as I
learned from the parking lot of a restaurant one evening in .at ---
you must know of what I write.

N >, where N is larger than the CentOS team, are more likely to find
more problems sooner with the proposed release if given the first
clean compiles and that statement will become more true as the number
of packages in the distro continues to increase.

For example, on one machine, I run Ubuntu 11.04 Server Alpha 2 just
for the potential joy of contributing back to the community what I
might find.

That opportunity is not met by current CentOS policy :(